The Pinnacles National Park overnight was a great trip and first with our newly expanded troop! Some highlights:
- The new scouts did great, learning a lot about what it means to work within a Troop hierarchy under the Scout-in-Charge (SIC) Tyler’s direction. Nice work, Tyler.
- There was a mix-up as far as the distance to the peak (much further, higher, hotter) so we had to make an adjustment, though still qualified for the Pinnacles Rim Rover by distance travelled.
- Joey K successfully organized a couple of fun-style Saturday night group activities
- Mr Korycinski bailed us out of an camp overflow situation (good turnout) by getting out early to snag one of the last 1st-come, 1st-serve campsites
- As a dutch-oven themed trip, we ate pretty well (Mr Wong’s specialty), cooking dinners, breakfasts & desserts
- The only bummer: No condor sightings again. Apparently, they like the highest peaks during the hottest part of the day; guess that’s no pain-no gain for us.